Nari Unnayan Shakti(NUS) ARMA Complex, 2nd Floor, House 1/B, Road NS-1 (Main Road), Block A, Banasree, Rampura, Dhaka 1219, Bangladesh, Email: [email protected], Website: www.nusbd-women.org
Attachment with organizations:
Dr. Afroja Parvin is a human rights activist working in development field since last 28 years. She is the Founder and Executive Director of Nari Unnayan Shakti, NUS (Women’s Power for Development), which is a non-governmental, non-political organization established in Bangladesh in 1992. At present, the organization supports around 15,77,500 people in the areas of education, health, human rights, environment development and self-reliance covering 18 districts under 8 divisions of the country throughout 122 service outlets.
She is Vice President of International Culture University (www.icu-edu.org).
She has done her M.Sc. under Dhaka University and studied Gender Policy and Planning in University College London, UK. She also has got her education on “Women in Management” from USA. She has done Ph.D. on “Violence against women varies by economic condition”. She was the international training coach of one year course at CEDPA, Washington DC.
She is former President and present Vice President of Voluntary Health Services Society (VHSS) a network of 116 NGOs. She is international facilitator of Commonwealth Asia Center (CYP) and Youth Ambassador. She has conducted several sessions for TOT at Bangladesh National Commission for UNESCO).
She has chaired different international conferences and also presented technical papers and attended in United States of America, Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Singapore, Japan, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Qatar, UAE, Maldives, Germany, Italy, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia, United Kingdom, Uganda, Kenya, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Bhutan and so many countries. More than 100 NGOs and institutions received training from NUS. She has facilitated several trainings with 394 journalists, 383 police officials, 156 advocates as NUS’s regular program.
TV Program in different channels:
She anchors TV program “Shotorupa” and ADIS o Bangladesh on BTV and talk show “Koishor Shonglap” and Nari Unnayan Shakti at Channel-I. Most of the TV Channels like nTv, Channel 1, Channel i, RTv, ATN Bangla, STv, BTv etc. has broadcasted her interviews or lectures.
Publication in dailies and magazines:
She is writing development articles in tha Daily Star, Idependent, New Age, Ittefaq, Samakal, Kaler Kanths, Jugantor, Sangbad, Manobjomin, Amar Desh, Jai Jai Din, Naya Diganta, Inquilab, Bangla Bazar, Robbar, Ortho Kagoj.
Books Publications of Dr. Parvin Afroja
1. Angela – Novel (a case study of a sex worker English)
2. Dangmorkar Jori – Novel (a case study of a sex worker – Bengali)
3. Unnayan Bhabna –(Development thoughts, Published 23 Articles in daily news papers-Bengali)
4. Sritir Pakhira – Novel (The bards in memory – Bengali)
5. Prithibir Oi Pare Silam- Poem (I was other side of the world – Bengali)
6. 100 Peshar Manush – Poem (Persons for 100 professions -Bengali)
7. Begum Rokeyar punthi – Poem ( Case study of Begum Rokeya – Bengali)
8. 8th March – Poem – (Bengali)
9. 200 Gan – 200 Songs of Parvin Afroja – Songs – (Bengali)
10. Ventilator– Poem – (Bengali)
11. Violence against women vary by economic condition (English)
12. Bidesh Bibhuie – Travel Experience- (Bengali)
13. Love and Love- Poem – (English)
14. Sorai Sorai Pora – Rhymes (Bengali)